Speaking, Living and Sharing Peace (10-month Program)
Learn life-changing skills that can dramatically improve the quality of your personal and professional relationships by increasing harmony, trust, and creative problem-solving. Become part of an inclusive and respectful community to help you deepen peace within yourself, in your relationships, and in your world.
In this program, we will provide a place where we can learn and grow in community, and offer a different way to be in the world – where we can be both honest and caring, fierce and tender, and where we can live authentically.
More than just a workshop, or even a series of workshop, this immersion program includes a rich combination of methods and practical tools to support your learning and integration including:
- Four in-person gatherings (2½ days each).
- 1-on-1 support session with a trainer.
- Ongoing empathy support from peers and repeat participants.
- 90-minute online session (webinar) each month the group does not meet in person.
- December 5 - 7, 2019
- February 6 - 8, 2020
- May 28 - 30, 2020
- September 17 - 19, 2020
- Thursday: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
AUDIENCE: Everyone is welcome – this program is an immersive experience that will be meaningful for people who are new to Nonviolent Communication and those with a lot of past experience.
This program is designed to help you:
- Discover the art and science of deep listening and use empathy to increase trust and connectedness in your relationships.
- Express yourself honestly and navigate conflict with grace and grit.
- Dissolve blame you have for others and for yourself.
- Set yourself up for success when you anticipate having a difficult conversation.
- Decode hard-to-hear messages so that you can see the deeper meaning without being reactive.
- Explore how shame and fear can hinder self-acceptance and creativity, and utilize strategies to release shame and fear and heal from their effects
- Integrate the value of gratitude practice to support well-being and connection with self and others
- Apply communication tools in a way that comes across as natural and where people see you as being authentic, rather than using a “technique.”
- Learn how to ask for what you want in a way that inspires others to support you.
- Develop a personal action plan to operationalize everything you learn.
Learn more about this event and the host, Great Lakes NVC.
- Jeff Brown, Registrar